Researchers wanted to understand if exposure to emissions were different between students who are driven and students who walk to school. They found out that those who walked were exposed to lower levels of emissions.
- Children’s perspective on neighbourhood barriers and enablers to active school travel: a participatory mapping study (2018)
- Does the social environment influence active travel? An investigation of walking in Hamilton, Canada (2013)
- Shortening the trip to school: Examining how children’s active school travel is influenced by shortcuts (2015)
- The “Path” not taken: Exploring structural differences in mapped-versus shortest-network-path school travel routes
- Understanding child and parent perceptions of barriers influencing children’s active school travel (2018)