We like this study because it is focused on getting children’s perspectives. The authors emphasize that children have a meaningful insight to offer towards a better understanding of how their local environment influences active school travel behaviours. We use this same philosophy in our work.
- Does the social environment influence active travel? An investigation of walking in Hamilton, Canada (2013)
- Is active travel a breath of fresh air? Examining children’s exposure to air pollution during the school commute (2019)
- Shortening the trip to school: Examining how children’s active school travel is influenced by shortcuts (2015)
- The “Path” not taken: Exploring structural differences in mapped-versus shortest-network-path school travel routes
- Understanding child and parent perceptions of barriers influencing children’s active school travel (2018)